Monday, June 8, 2009

Cleaning, Cables, and Famous...Pubs :)

Work today was incredibly laid-back.  I arrived at 10:00, but no one else was there until closer to 10:30, and even then, I spent most of the morning planning out everything that needed to be done with Rob.  (As well as helping Fergus Dick move the last of the South Thames College's stuff out of the Council Chamber...fun times to be had by all!)  Ed and Greg arrived at 12:00, so we were able to actually get some work done at that point...and by that, I mean that I watched them do some electrical work and fetched cables/tested headsets.  Since the show schedule is so much lighter this week, our time is basically dedicated to tidying up the work/performance spaces, which can be a bit dull at times.  I eventually set to work labeling cables and sorting them, which was actually not too bad a job...it's repetitive, but I do well with tasks like that (in the same way that I enjoy making paperwork...).  The time went much quicker since we turned on some music, and since I was in a central location, I was able to chat with the other technicians as they made their way in and out of the greenroom and drink tea while I worked.  Ed and I had a fun chat about British and American slang (I believe that I will be fully immersed in the culture when I feel the urge to call someone a wanker).  I am also now a recognized figure at the cafe across the street...and I found out why the owner always laughs at me: he thinks my pronunciation of "tomato" is amusing (and my frequent apologies when I do not understand his accent, I would imagine!).  :)

When I arrived back at Nido, I headed out with two friends to The Famous Cock for dinner...because I'm immature like that (hey, there's a reason why I included the full name of the South Thames College drama instructor earlier in this post...).  And we also went, giggling aside, because the dinner I had there last Monday was delicious (as it was tonight).  We took the Tube this time rather than the long walking route (even the Tube ride is lengthy considering that it is only one stop away).  This may become our Monday pattern...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment